It's tough being a woman: Vishal Krishna
For Kollywood actor Vishal, this would probably be the most important phase in his career. After going through a box-office low, Vishal is pinning his hopes on his upcoming release 'Avan Ivan'. The film, that will hit the screens this week, is directed by Bala and also stars Arya, Janani Iyer and Madhu Shalini.
"I am not sure if I am excited, but I am definitely not nervous," says the young star. Since the director, Bala, is known to be quite choosy about his cast, Vishal considers this opportunity to be something he's rather proud of. "Though I've been part of several films before, I was looking out for that one role that would let me prove myself as an actor. It was Arya who suggested my name for this role and I am indebted to him," says Vishal.
The film sees him play the role of Walter Vanangamudi, a dramatist, and required him to sport nine different looks. So, which among them was the most exciting? "I got to dress up and live like a woman for 17 days! For the first few days, I couldn't get the nuances right. Bala wasn't convinced either and advised me to lose all my inhibitions for this part! Over the next few days, he was surprised to see me walking confidently as a woman," he reminisces, adding, "It was rather tough being a woman."
Talking about his experience, working with the ace-director, he says, "Bala can extract raw talent from his heroes. Contrary to rumours that imply he is tough to work with, he is a friendly and flexible director. I can proudly say that he has re-introduced me as an actor in this film."
Source:  DNA-Daily News & Analysis